- Review your requirements related to two-wheeler insurance.
- Login to your insurer’s website.
- Enter the details related to your bike and your previous policy.
- Select the type of bike insurance policy.
- Set Insured Declared Value (IDV) and select Add-ons if required.
People ask , what is the fine for bike insurance expired? As per the new Motor Vehicle Act 2019, the fine for the first offence of driving without insurance policy is Rs. 2,000/- and/or imprisonment of up to 3 months. Earlier, this fine applicable was Rs. 1,000/- and/or imprisonment of up to 3 months.
Also, what will happen if I don’t renew my bike insurance? Penalty. Whether it is a two-wheeler or a four wheeler, each and every vehicle must have insurance while plying on Indian roads. If you are caught without a proper policy, you must be ready to pay a very heavy fine or imprisonment up to 3 months. This rule is enforced by Motor Vehicles Act.
, is there any grace period for bike insurance? Grace period is an extension of 30 days after your policy term’s expiry. Some insurers offer you this extra time so that you can carry out the process of two wheeler insurance renewal online without increasing your premium amount and getting your bike inspected.
, can I do bike insurance online after expiry? Your insurer may renew your policy without any penalty if it is only a few days past the due date. Moreover, insurers don’t undertake inspection in cases where you have been trying to pay for the policy before it expired. When renewing your lapsed policy, you can do it online as well as offline.
- 1 What happens when insurance expires?
- 2 How much is the fine for no PUC?
- 3 How much can you be fined for driving without insurance?
- 4 When can you drive without insurance?
- 5 Can you ride a bike without insurance?
- 6 Is it compulsory to take two wheeler insurance?
- 7 How can I renew my two wheeler insurance online?
- 8 How do I know my two wheeler insurance expiry date?
- 9 What is 3rd party insurance for bike?
- 10 What is comprehensive damage?
What happens when insurance expires?
Once your car insurance policy has expired and therefore your car is fully at risk. If anything happens to your car, you are not liable to receive any kind of cover for the damage caused. Whether your car gets stolen or catches fire, you will have to manage without any financial assistance.
How much is the fine for no PUC?
Penalties for Not Obtaining a PUC Certificate: The penalties for failure to obtain a PUC Certificate are Rs. 1,000 for the first-time offence and Rs. 2,000 for subsequent offences. The fine for not obtaining a PUC Certificate is enforced under Section 190(2) of the Motor Vehicles Act, 1988.
How much can you be fined for driving without insurance?
If you drive without insurance, you can get a £300 fine and 6 penalty points on your licence – the police may also take your vehicle, and even destroy it. If your case is taken to court, the maximum fine is unlimited and you may be disqualified from driving.
When can you drive without insurance?
You don’t need motor insurance if: you have a valid Statutory Off Road Notification (SORN) your vehicle has been kept off a public road since before 1 February 1998. your vehicle has been scrapped, stolen or exported and you have given notice of this.
Can you ride a bike without insurance?
Riding without motorbike insurance is illegal. If you’re caught riding without it, you could be fined or even disqualified from riding. Even if the bike itself is insured, if you’re not correctly insured to ride it, you could get penalised.
Is it compulsory to take two wheeler insurance?
Under the Motor Vehicles Act, the Government of India has made it mandatory for every bike owner to have an insurance policy. … Policies also cover damage to the bike by natural calamities like floods, earthquake, fire, etc. So, you can make a claim under these circumstances.
How can I renew my two wheeler insurance online?
- Log on to www.policybazaar.com.
- Fill up the required details of your bike in the renewal form to proceed with your online payment.
- Get the premium quote and make your payment. Keep your credit/debit card or NEFT details.
How do I know my two wheeler insurance expiry date?
- Check The Expiry Date Via Insurance Information Bureau. All insurance policy related details can be found on the website of the Insurance Information Bureau (IIB).
- Check The Expiry Date Via VAHAN.
- Check The Expiry Date Via Your Insurer.
What is 3rd party insurance for bike?
Third-Party Cover is mandatory in India. It covers you against legal liability for injury or death or property damage caused to any third party, who is not in the insurance contract in an accident. However, this policy does not cover damages or loss caused to your own vehicle in an accident or theft.
What is comprehensive damage?
Comprehensive insurance is a coverage that helps pay to replace or repair your vehicle if it’s stolen or damaged in an incident that’s not a collision. Comprehensive, sometimes called “other than collision” coverage, typically covers damage from fire, vandalism or falling objects (like a tree or hail).