The bike should have a valid insurance certificate covering the period of sale. … If the insurance is lapsed the new owner will be liable to pay the fine for the time without the insurance, so ensure that the vehicle has insurance.
Also, can I transfer bike ownership without insurance? The registration of an uninsured vehicle can’t be transferred to the owner. … In case the uninsured vehicle in possession of the new owner is impounded for whatever reason, it will be you who will be liable to pay the required penalty and renew the insurance policy for the release of the vehicle.
People ask , what legal action can be taken for not transferring the RC? You should issue a legal notice to the buyer with a cc to Regional Transport authority and police station(where the buyer lives) to change the ownership of the vehicle. Police station will seize the vehicle immediately as the buyer has not changed the ownership details in RTA Office.
, can I sell bike without RC? Btw, You can sell your vehicle without RC, if anyone is willing to take it without the RC. But, as you are selling the vehicle, you have to go to the RTO or else the transfer of the vehicle is not possible.
, how do I transfer ownership of my bike insurance?
- RC (Registration Certificate)
- Details of the vehicle.
- Original insurance policy.
- Date of ownership transfer.
- Name of the dealer.
- Details of the premium paid for the original policy.
- NOC (No Objection Certificate) from the previous policyholder.
- 1 How do I change ownership of my bike?
- 2 How do I transfer my bike to another person?
- 3 What if buyer does not transfer RC?
- 4 What happens if RC not transferred?
- 5 What happens if buyer never transferred title?
- 6 What should I do if I lost my RC bike?
- 7 How can I get my lost RC bike?
- 8 How can I sell my bike without RC transfer?
- 9 What happens to insurance when you sell a bike?
- 10 How can I change my two wheeler insurance policy?
How do I change ownership of my bike?
- Registration Certificate (RC) book. Registration Certificate serves as a proof of bike’s registration and is thus an essential document.
- Pollution under Control (PuC) certificate.
- Sales Receipt.
- Transfer deed.
- Bike Insurance Certificate.
- Road tax certificate.
How do I transfer my bike to another person?
- Form 28 application filled by the owner (4 copies)
- Attested Registration Certificate copy.
- Paid road tax receipts.
- Copy of Pollution Under Control (PUC) Certificate.
- A valid two wheeler insurance policy.
- Chassis imprint of the bike.
What if buyer does not transfer RC?
Ensuring the transfer of ownership lies solely with the first seller (whose name is in the RC), senior RTO officials told The Hindu. … In the event of the vehicle getting involved in accident or a criminal activity, the police will land at the doorstep of the original owners, if the ownership has not been transferred.
What happens if RC not transferred?
- Unless the ownership of the car is transferred in his favour you continue to be liable under the civil and criminal law for any civil wrong or crime committed while using the vehicle. … Police does not have any authority to intervene in this case as not transferring the RC is not a crime.
What happens if buyer never transferred title?
When a vehicle is sold, the protocol for the legal transfer to the new owner starts with the seller signing the certificate of title over to the buyer. … The failure or inability to transfer title can temporarily leave the buyer without proof of ownership and the seller liable for the vehicle.
What should I do if I lost my RC bike?
- File an FIR with the local police station: This should be the first step once you have lost your RC Book.
- Visit a local RTO centre and get an RC extract.
- File an application for a duplicate RC.
How can I get my lost RC bike?
- Submit an application for RC renewal along with Form 25 to the RTO.
- Get the vehicle inspected at the RTO.
- Pay the required fee to RTO at its cash counter.
- A new Registration Certificate is issued after the verification of all documents.
How can I sell my bike without RC transfer?
File a police complaint and give an application to the concern RTO to change the owner ship of the vehicle which you have sold long back. Dear CLient, U r also very late. File an application with Regional Transport Office for non transfer of name giving all details.
What happens to insurance when you sell a bike?
The new owner of the bike must submit an application to the insurance provider for the transfer of insurance policy within 14 days of registration transfer. … The new owner of the bike must submit an application to the insurance provider for the transfer of insurance policy within 14 days of registration transfer.
How can I change my two wheeler insurance policy?
Since the bike insurance is nontransferable, you must cancel the existing policy and avail a new one. To do so, a notice of at least 7 days should be provided in writing to the existing insurer. In the interim, you can sign with the desired insurer for a new policy.